Sunday, March 25, 2012

Alerts

Hi everyone,
I also could not find any definition about Alerts and their purpose and usage.
Would you please explain it to me ?

Thanks

If you look in BOL for 'alerts' you'll find a large number of articles.

/Kenneth

|||

I did what you suggested but it did not clarify me completely.
Would you(or anyone else) please explain it clearly ?
As I understood that we def?ne an Alert and then when any error or event occured about our alert, this event or error normally is registered to the Log section. After these, our Server go and examine the log. If it finds any event or alert that is similar to the alert that we define before, it does what we specify while creating an alert such that posting email.

So are they true ?

|||

Did you read all about alerts?
There are 28 subtopics under 'alerts' in 2000 BOL, some with even more subtopics...

But very short, yes you got it right, the purpose of alerts is that you use them in order to create an automated 'alarm-function' that will be triggered by something and then do some action when that happens.

/Kenneth

|||

Thanks for your interests.
Now, I think I kept the idea about Alerts.

Best wishes,
Mert

No comments:

Post a Comment