Sunday, March 25, 2012

Alerting operators for all jobs

Hi there,

I'm not sure which section this really comes under and I think 'availability/disaster recovery' is probably the most applicable, sorry if it isn't.

I have SQL Server 2005 set-up and about 50 jobs listed, now, these jobs were configured before an operators with alerting by email was set-up... so, none of the jobs when fail alert an operator.

Is there any way I can automate a solution so if any job fails a designated/or default operator will be emailed and told what happened? Or would I need to edit each job manually to set this?

Thanks
Ed

See SQL Server 2005 Books Online topics:
sp_add_alert (Transact-SQL)
sp_add_notification (Transact-SQL)

cursor through msdb.dbo.sysjobs for the job names

No comments:

Post a Comment