Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Alias OK, IP not

Hi all,

I was able to get my mirroring setup to work only when I use Alias instead of IP address. Any idea why it is so?

Thanks,

Avi

I am trying to set up using IPS, someone told me you can as long as u do not use a witness server.

I am having trouble setting it up. What did you do to get it working? when you say Alias, what do you mean ( can u walk me using your steps ).

Thanks

|||

Alias is basically associating a name to an IP address for that you use

MS SQL 2005-> Configuration tools ->SQL Server Configuration Manager

Once you set up an alias you can use it instead of the IP. However, my problem was that with an alias my scripts works well but with IP it does not.

Any ideas?

Avi

|||

Might be a problem with WINS in this case, have you checked with your Network admin in this case.

Ensure both the servers has similar version of tools in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment