Thursday, March 29, 2012

Aligning Check Boxes with Text Boxes - Is it near Impossible?

I have a report that we give to our Doctors to fill out that has patient
information on it. One of the things we are supposed to have on the report
is a checkbox for symptoms found. I would like it if I could get a check box
to align with its associated text. If you have over 3 rows of this on your
report they all start to get out of alignment. The more rows you have the
more out of whack it becomes, until it looks like the texbox has no
association with its associated check box.
This is very frustrating. I just spent about four hours tweaking a report
to get them to look okay but yet they still are not aligned exactly as they
should be.
To create the check box I am using the wingdings font lower case 'o'
character. Of course I cannot put the wingdings font in the same text box as
the symptoms textbox as then the symptoms would be gibberish.
Any thoughts on how to make this process easier, more accurate? I am using
a listbox as my container.
--
Thank you,
Johnone thing I liked about crystal reports is you can change formatting of
individual characters in a text box... cant do this in reporting server
unfortinuatly...
"John A" <i-code4food@.newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
news:D8DC91FB-52E7-41B4-8C83-6A8F03EF98E5@.microsoft.com...
>I have a report that we give to our Doctors to fill out that has patient
> information on it. One of the things we are supposed to have on the
> report
> is a checkbox for symptoms found. I would like it if I could get a check
> box
> to align with its associated text. If you have over 3 rows of this on
> your
> report they all start to get out of alignment. The more rows you have the
> more out of whack it becomes, until it looks like the texbox has no
> association with its associated check box.
> This is very frustrating. I just spent about four hours tweaking a report
> to get them to look okay but yet they still are not aligned exactly as
> they
> should be.
> To create the check box I am using the wingdings font lower case 'o'
> character. Of course I cannot put the wingdings font in the same text box
> as
> the symptoms textbox as then the symptoms would be gibberish.
> Any thoughts on how to make this process easier, more accurate? I am
> using
> a listbox as my container.
> --
> Thank you,
> John|||John,
Do you have to use a listbox as your container?
If you use a two column table with your check boxes in the first
column and your symptoms in the second, they should stay lined up.
Otherwise maybe use open and closed brackets or parens (e.g. [ ] or
{ } or ( ) ) as your "checkbox" inside the symptom's text boxes.
Good luck and happy reporting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment