Sunday, March 25, 2012

Alerts not firing off jobs.

sql2k
sp3
Howdy all. I set up an Alert for deadlocks (# 1205) and have the checkbox
checked to fire off a job when it occurs. I then generate a deadlock, but the
job never gets fired off. Some important fun facts:
1; I ran dbcc traceon with 1205 and 1205 to log deadlocks.
2; I've tried running different jobs manually. They both work.Is the alert itself firing? Make sure that the EventLog
service and SQL Agent are running. Check the Event log to
make sure that it is not full. Check if the event is writing
to the Application log. There is also a topic in books
online with more information on troubleshooting alerts.
Check the topic: Troubleshooting Alerts
-Sue
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:36:02 -0700, ChrisR
<ChrisR@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>sql2k
>sp3
>Howdy all. I set up an Alert for deadlocks (# 1205) and have the checkbox
>checked to fire off a job when it occurs. I then generate a deadlock, but the
>job never gets fired off. Some important fun facts:
>1; I ran dbcc traceon with 1205 and 1205 to log deadlocks.
>2; I've tried running different jobs manually. They both work.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment